Short Walks: Approx 2 to 2.5 hrs duration, 7 to 10 km, on flat roads and track. For schedules Click Here
Rambles: Approx 4 to 5 hrs,15 to 20 km ,on road and track. Occasionally walking on uneven ground and low level ascents up to 250m. For schedules Click Here
“C Walks”: For novice and other hillwalkers seeking climbs at a gentle pace.Typically 4 to 4.5 hrs with a total ascent of 400m to 600m, over rough terrain and usually ascending a single peak. For schedules Click Here
“B” Walks: For walkers with experience of hillwalking and a reasonable level of fitness. Typically 5 to 6 hours with a total ascent of 600m to 900m on rough and steep terrain over one to two peaks. For schedules Click Here
“A” Walks: For experienced and fit hillwalkers.Typically 5 to 8 hours with a total ascent of 800m to 1400m on rough and steep terrain over several peaks. For schedules Click Here
*Accumulated height is the sum of all the climbs/ascents during a walk.
|“A” Walk:||Derryclare, Bencorr, Bencollaghduff (Twelve Bens Range)|
|Duration (hrs):||12.5 7hrs|
Guests are not allowed on A walks.
|Max. height (m):||711||Accum. height (m)||1150|
|“B” Walk:||Benchoona Horseshoe (inc Garraun and Binn Fhraoigh ) from Lettergesh Beach|
|Distance (km): Duration (hrs)||10 5hrs|
New members and guests should complete a ramble in advance of participating in a B walk.
|Max. height (m):||588||Accum. height (m)||670|
|“C” Walk:||Tully Mountain (Letterfrack)|
|Distance (km): Duration (hrs)||4hrs 30mins Approx|
New members and guests should complete a ramble in advance of participating in a C walk.
|Max. height (m):||341||Accum. height (m)||490|
|Ramble:||Cong to Clonbur Loop Walk –A mix of walking through scenic forest and woodland trails and quiet minor country roads|
|Distance (km): Duration (hrs)||20 5hrs||Max. height (m):||51||Accum. height (m)||228|
|Short Walk:||Rinville (Oranmore) Mainly coastal tracks along Galway Bay.|
|Distance (km): Duration (hrs)||7 2 hrs||Max. height (m):||26||Accum. height (m)||93|
- Dogs are not allowed on any club walk
- The Club encourages all Walkers doing short Walks & Rambles to wear high vis jackets & always proper walking boots and gear. Please refer to our sections on walkers guidelines and equipment.
- Please don’t make noise/disturb the families residing near the car park at Kelehans at Bushypark when we meet there, as requested by them
- It is recommended that all new members and guests complete a ramble in advance of participating in a B or C hill.
- Due to the level of stamina and fitness required it is Club policy not to allow guests on A hills.